Current Openings | Please send your resume to email@example.com
SCOPE OF POSITION
Responsibilities of the Microbiology Department include environmental monitoring of controlled (ISO 14644) environments, sterility testing, growth promotion testing, microbial limit testing, purified water testing, and Gram staining.
Microbiology Technicians will sample various locations in controlled and uncontrolled environments and monitor bioburden levels throughout facility. He/She will also test samples and monitor microbial growth.
- Responsible for the microbiological testing and analysis of raw materials, product bioburden, and final product testing required for product release.
- Perform Environmental Monitoring of controlled environments per ISO 14644 and USP < 1116> monitoring:
- Viable air sampling
- Non-viable air sampling
- Viable surface sampling
- Perform monitoring of purified water equipment and outlets.
- Perform testing in support of monitoring and sampling:
- Growth promotion testing
- Microbial limit testing
- Purified water testing
- Gram staining
- Morphology identification
- Log all aspects of testing onto raw data forms and logbooks.
- Reports out of specifications to Microbiology Supervisor and management for review.
- Stores and manages raw data folders and logbooks.
- Assists in day to day maintenance in the laboratory and maintains all the supplies necessary to run the lab efficiently.
- Performs preventative maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Trends Environmental Monitoring Data as necessary.
- Assists with other tasks on a needed basis as necessary.
- Participate in audits and validations when necessary.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Outlook (email).
- Complies and adheres to existing and new regulations.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures.
- Must be a team player and customer / results oriented.
- Comply with all company safety policies and procedures to ensure a safe and healthy environment.
- Able to have flexible time and overtime (OT) to support manufacturing.
Job Type: Full-time
- Microbiological testing and analysis of raw materials: 1 year (Required)
- Biology/Micro Biology: 1 year (Required)
- Biological sterility and water testing: 1 year (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org