The Staff/Cost Accountant who will be responsible for timely and accurate preparation of financial accounting data in a variety of areas including, budgeting, forecasting, and reporting/analysis of our cost structure. It is essential that this candidate brings analytical and organizational skills to best support the accounting team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the department heads to understand and ensure accuracy of all financial reporting activity
- Assist in preparation and distribution of financial statements
- Prepare financial statements and supporting schedules according to monthly close schedule
- Preparing and maintaining compliance with government laws on payroll accounting and taxes.
- Receive and 3-Way/2-Way match vendor invoices/purchase order/receiving documents into the accounting system.
- Reconcile price/quantity variance of vendor invoices/purchase order/receiving documents.
- Prepare and process accounts payable checks, wire transfers, ACH payments, expense reports, and other miscellaneous check requests
- Maintaining vendor accounts for the change of address, change of payment terms, and methods.
- Maintain 1099 information and collect W-9 information from vendors. Responsible for year-end 1099-MISC filings conduct TIN match in the IRS database and other projects as assigned.
- Account for credit card transactions; compile and reconcile with supporting documents.
- Reconcile accounts payable aging report to general ledger transaction monthly.
- Daily cash posting/deposit of all cash receipts.
- Maintaining the monthly chargeback/deduction reports.
- Must have a command of all chargebacks within their portfolio by CB type and status of resolution.
- Maintaining customer accounts for the change of address, change of payment terms, and methods.
- Produce a weekly AR aging report with a key summary of areas of concern.
- Provide a weekly expected cashflow report, with summary narratives material expected incoming cash.
- Assist/prepare in the accounting of fixed assets and capitalized projects.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliation reports.
- Assist/Prepare in general ledger month-end closing journal entries.
- Assist in compiling working papers and support for financial audit fieldwork requests.
- Assist and support in the implementation of ERPs and accounting/business-related systems.
- Support and continuously develop reporting required in support of A/P specific metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in general/cost accounting
Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org